Dear fellow business owner
How to save your business during the Coronavirus by using the internet.
I don’t have to tell you anything about the Coronavirus. You have probably read every news article I have and are glued to the TV screen watching the news? (Does anyone still watch the news on the TV?)
You are in the same boat as millions of other businesses all over the world. Countless business owners are gripped with the fear of losing their business and worries about meeting debt payments.
The fact is, there is always something that you can do. Some industries are doing better even.
Watch this short video and continue to read below:
This actually makes us a little bit sick, doesn’t it? Jeff Bezos is already the richest man in the world…by far. And now he is actually doing better while the rest of the world is suffering.
Why is that?
Well, Jeff Bezos had the vision to do things differently from other businesses when he started. Other businesses had stores in shopping centers (bricks and mortar stores) and Jeff started selling it online.
It is of course so much easier and better to sell your product online:
- No big rent payments for premium space in big and expensive shopping centers.
- Delivery at home for the customer.
- It is quick to search through a wide variety of items on the internet (even while at the office) No parking problems and walking from shop to shop.
- You haven’t got geographical restrictions anymore so you have potentially more clients. The world is now your playground.
- If you have a specific product you want to punt it is much easier to do it on the internet than to sell it from a shop.
- You can target a specific area where you want to market a specific product.
- You can even target a specific age group.
- You are now open 24/7.
The list goes on and on, this is just a few advantages.
Getting excited already?
Are you seeing where this is going?
That “thing” (the internet) that so little businesses are using to its full potential can actually help you save your business in these times.
I am not selling anything you say.
You don’t have to sell your product online. You might have the type of product that can’t really sell online. You might be a plumber and go to people’s houses, or businesses.
But people are STILL searching for you online.
Just have a look at these stats. It is important to know what you might be missing out on. This is South Africa’s internet stats:
- 31.18 million active internet users (Statista, 2019).
- South Africa has 54 percent internet penetration
- South Africans access the internet for personal reasons on any device: every day (65%), at least once per week (22%), at least once per month (8%) and less than once per month (4%) (We Are Social, 2018).
- 47% of South African internet users searched online for a product or service to buy in the past 30 days (We Are Social, 2018)
Are you getting a piece of this pie?
Some people would think: “I do have a website, this is not for me”
Yes, you might have. But 100’s of businesses in your area that are doing exactly the same as you do, also have websites.
So let’s say somebody needs your services or product when they search on Google. Will Google return your website? Or your competitor’s? Because that is the guy that will get the business. And even if Google does return your website What does it look like? Is it professional enough looking that your potential customer wants to do business with you?
- It takes about 50 milliseconds (that’s 0.05 seconds) for users to form an opinion about your website that determines whether they like your site or not, whether they’ll stay or leave. (Sweor, 2018)
- 94% of negative website feedback was design related (Sweor, 2018).
- 85% of adults think that a company’s website when viewed on a mobile device should be as good or better than its desktop website (Sweor, 2018).
- 57% of users say they won’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile site. (Impact, 2019).
- 94% of visitors stopped trusting websites with degraded web design (Mytechlogy, 2017).
- 42% of customers will stop engaging with a website if the images are taking too much time to load. (Mytechlogy, 2017).
During the Corona Virus more people than ever will search for things online, simply because they are scared to go out and will have more available time. Like the video you have seen at the top, business over the internet will boom, simply because it is the safest, cheapest and easiest way to do business.
There is a big chance that even more people in the future will search online for services or products. They are forced to do it at the moment. They will see the advantages, and those new habits formed will stick.
You WANT to be a part of this, don’t lose out. Your business is probably much quieter now, so you have the time on hand to look at the future of your business and prepare for the better times ahead.
NOW is the time to spend time on the marketing of your business and reap the benefits (and lost profits) in a few months time when things return to normal.
There might be a LOT of things that we can help you with regarding your website and online marketing that will bring in extra revenue for your business.
People might have less money to spend now yes, but it is not as if NO money is being spent. You just want to make sure that some of the money being spent in your industry comes to you!
Email me if this sounds interesting to you. We can then arrange a free, no strings attached and private online meeting. (If you don’t know how I will show you)
What have you got to lose?
I hope to hear from you soon.
Yesterday PANIC, today DENIAL, tomorrow WORKING ON THE FUTURE…