Why must I do Social Media Marketing?
Before we get to the “Why must I do social media marketing?” Let’s first find out
WHAT is Social media marketing?
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, TikTok, SnapChat) to promote a product or service.
Why Social Media advertising?
- It is one of the most cost-effective and versatile strategies that businesses can use to reach potential customers and increase sales. (97% of marketers use social media to reach their audience)
- Because your customers are there already, and they are spending a LOT OF TIME on their social media profiles.
Look at this stats
- 23Million people in SA used social media in 2019. (Up 5 Million from 2018)
- The average South African spends 2 hours and 48 min a day on Social Media.
- The average South African has 8 social media accounts
- Whatsapp is South Africa’s most popular messaging app.
- 31% of people are on Social media to research/find products to buy.
- Worldwide 3 Billion people are on Social media already!
- Business retailers have seen 133% increases in their revenues from social media marketing – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_marketing
Stats from: https://www.mediaupdate.co.za/social/146925/infographic-2019-south-african-social-media-stats