Why must I do Social Media Marketing?
Before we get to the “Why must I do social media marketing?” Let’s first find out
WHAT is Social media marketing?
Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms and websites (YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Instagram, TikTok, SnapChat) to promote a product or service.
Why Social Media advertising?
- It is one of the most cost-effective and versatile strategies that businesses can use to reach potential customers and increase sales. (97% of marketers use social media to reach their audience)
- Because your customers are there already, and they are spending a LOT OF TIME on their social media profiles.
Look at this stats
- 23Million people in SA used social media in 2019. (Up 5 Million from 2018)
- The average South African spends 2 hours and 48 min a day on Social Media.
- The average South African has 8 social media accounts
- Whatsapp is South Africa’s most popular messaging app.
- 31% of people are on Social media to research/find products to buy.
- Worldwide 3 Billion people are on Social media already!
- Business retailers have seen 133% increases in their revenues from social media marketing – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_media_marketing
And you are spending how much on Social media advertising a month?
- So don’t let your audience come to you…you can go to your audience!
- Consumers will be more receptive to you as a company on social media because generally speaking, they are there to enjoy themselves and chat with friends or family and have a good time!
- You as a company can mostly see your customers profile on social media, what he/she likes, and what their interests are. That makes it so much easier and more personal to interact with them.
- 95% of adults between 18-34 are likely to follow a brand on Social media.
- You can make personal connections with customers. And people appreciate it to see this personal side of a business. It will make them feel special and wanted.
- It will seriously help you to build brand recognition.
- It will show the human side of your business. Something every customer appreciates.
- Different social media channels will help you to reach different audiences.
- Look at this diagram by www.leveragenewagemedia.com
- Read here about the different social media platforms and how each one can benefit you: https://www.lyfemarketing.com/blog/best-social-media-platforms/
- Social media advertising is cost-effective because it allows you to target specific audiences.
- Your competitors are already on social media, can you afford not to be?
- On social media, a lot of opportunities, videos, posts, etc would be suggested by friends to other friends. Which is, of course, the ideal scenario if you have something worthwhile sharing. There is simply very little advertising more effective than when something is suggested to someone by a friend.
- The cost of advertising is relatively cheap if you compare it to printed adverts in magazines, newspapers, etc. The component of print costs and distribution costs falls away.
- You can also decide how much you want to spend. You can start off with a very limited amount per day that suits your pocket.
- Customers for life. You can refer customers with an ad to your website/social media page, and then get them to sign up for a newsletter which can be sent to them from time to time to give special offers through!
- With Social Media, you can prove to customers that you are an authority on your subject!
- You can “test the waters” See what customers like and want and what they don’t like and want!
- You have easy contact with customers. 5.7 billion people carry a mobile device with them, this makes them immediately reachable.
- Most social media platforms have built-in data analytics tools. So you can see exactly what is happening, who you are reaching when you are reaching them, what they liked and don’t like etc. This makes it so much easier to plan for future marketing strategies.
If you would like to chat with us about your social media marketing strategies or if you would like us to run your social media accounts please contact us.
We will then access your needs, and make suggestions from there!